[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ border_style=”solid” padding_right=”10px” padding_left=”10px”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ spacing=”” center_content=”no” hover_type=”none” link=”” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”left top” undefined=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” padding=”0px 10px 0px 10px” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” last=”no”][fusion_content_boxes layout=”icon-with-title” columns=”1″ icon_align=”left” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility”][fusion_content_box iconspin=”no” image_width=”35″ image_height=”35″ linktext=”Read More” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″]
It’s time to shake things up a bit: Pop Quiz!
Well, not really, but “Workers’ Compensation Insurance Knowledge Self-Assessment” doesn’t exactly have the same effect.
Before you see exactly how much you know, though, let us explain where this is coming from. It’s really two things. First, since we’ve started putting out weekly content, we’ve had dozens of conversations that sound like this, “Hey (Whiteboard Employee)! I saw that last (blog/video) you put out! So cool! I mean, I don’t know anything about that stuff, but it looked really professional!” Now, we like compliments as much as your next forward-thinking, industry-altering business, but the whole reason for all this content is to make all this insurance “stuff” less intimidating and to provide the information that you need to know. For those people, hopefully, this quiz shows you that you know more than you thought.
The second driving force behind this quiz is another group of people. We’ve made mention in other posts that we call business owners who need help with their experience modification on a daily basis. It is actually amazing how many people tell us that they know everything there is to know about insurance and they know exactly what they need to do to help themselves and there’s nothing that we can do to help and…
You get the idea. If you’re the insurance know-it-all, we hope this quiz shows you any blind-spots that you have. Not because we want to prove you wrong, but because blind-spots are dangerous, and they cause problems. We want to help you catch those things before they can cause those problems.
So, Ground Rules: 20 questions, Multiple Choice, All about Workers’ Comp Insurance. Answers are at the bottom!
- What factor has the greatest effect on Workers’ Comp Pricing?
- Number of Locations
- Experience Mod (Ex-Mod)
- Class Code
- Total Claim Cost
- True or False: Your Ex-Mod is tied to what industry you work in.
- Approximately what is the lowest Ex-Mod that a 25 employee company can have?
- True or False: If you’re in a PEO, your Ex-Mod no longer affects you.
- What industry is statistically the least likely to incur a work comp claim?
- Investment Services
- Patent & Trademark Leasing
- Information Services
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
- What industry is statistically the most likely to incur a work comp claim??
- Janitorial Services
- Nursing Assistance Services
- Truck Driving, Heavy and Tractor Trailer
- Labor (Nonconstruction)
- California is the state with the _________ rates for clerical workers.
- Most Stable
- None of the Above
- Most Workers’ Comp claims in the US are ___________.
- Medical Only
- Permanent Partial Disability (Return to Work but Modified Duty)
- Permanent Total Disability (Can’t Return to Work)
- True or False: A death claim can have the largest effect on your Ex-Mod.
- Which state has the largest collective workers’ comp premium?
- New York
- Workers’ Comp fraud can be committed by ________.
- All of the Above
- The new owner exclusion rules require officers to have ____ ownership in order to be excluded from workers’ comp insurance.
- True or False: The legalization of marijuana in California means that businesses can no longer drug test for the substance.
- TRIA guarantees that workers’ compensation insurance covers which of the following?
- Earthquake Related injuries
- Acts of foreign terrorism
- Carpal Tunnel
- Third Party over claims
- Which carrier is required to provide a workers’ compensation insurance quote?
- The Hartford
- State Compensation Insurance Fund
- All of the Above
- Due to the changes in 2017, the largest controllable factor contributing to your ex-mod is ________.
- Primary Claims Cost
- Excess Claims Cost
- Employee Count
- Class Codes
- How can a new business owner reset the ex-mod of a newly purchased, existing business?
- Notify the WCIRB of new ownership
- It automatically happens
- It is impossible to reset the ex-mod
- The new owner must let go of at least 51% of the existing employees
- If operating without workers’ comp insurance, the penalty is:
- 60 day jail sentence
- Fine of double whatever insurance would have cost for uninsured period
- Fine of $1,500 for each uninsured employee
- Any of the above
- True or False: The more employees that a business has, the lower their ex-mod can go.
- True or False: When quoting your insurance, each independent agent is only allowed to go to one specific carrier.
Okay, let’s see how you did!
- B, 2. F, 3. B, 4. F, 5. A, 6. D, 7. C, 8. C, 9. F, 10. B, 11. D, 12. D, 13. F, 14. B, 15. C, 16. A, 17. D, 18. D, 19. T, 20. F